Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our winter garden

I heard on the news a few days ago that this winter has seen an 8 times higher increase in the usual rate of colds and flu.  This has definitely been seen in our house where we had only just recovered from the flu of a couple of weeks ago and my husband developed bronchitis - judging by how I am feeling today I think I have it now too.  But before I go back under a blanket to sulk, please join me on a short tour of the highlights of our winter garden...

Silverbeet, garlic, onions, leeks and beetroot

Spinach, more garlic and broccoli (which we planted too late for a winter crop, but it should be ready in spring).

Hellebore

Tahitian limes

Spring bulbs starting to show themselves

Some more bulbs.  We planted bulbs (mostly daffodils, but also some iris and hyacinths) under a tree in our front garden within a couple of weeks of moving into our house.  We hope that one day this entire section of our garden will be a blaze of colour in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment