Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A beautiful clothing book

With the great Australian dollar exchange rate a few weeks ago my husband and I decided to splurge and buy some books online.  I bought some fashion and clothing books and feel that I have to share one particular book with you. 

'High Style: Masterworks from the Brooklyn Museum Costume Collection at the Metropolitan Museum of Art'.  I love this book, it is beautifully set out and has wonderful photos.  It is exclusively women's wear, but has some shoes and hats in addition to clothing. 
The front cover - a stunning red dress.

Fabulous knitwear from over 100 years ago.

I love the lines on this dress.

Isn't this fabulous!  Imagine walking around town in this ensemble - so chic!

I've saved my favourite for last.  I love the dress below so much that if I wasn't already married, I would choose this as inspiration for my wedding dress.   
It is so bright and playful and just utterly gorgeous!

If you are interested in clothing or fashion I would absolutely recommend that you buy this book or maybe visit the Brooklyn Museum and see what they have on display (if you are near there!).  According to their website they had a display of American High Style last year.  Some of the dresses from that exhibit are shown in this book.

Just a note on copyright - as these pictures are photos I have taken from the actual book I will remove the pictures if the copyright holder of the original photos requests this.  Please don't reuse these pictures.  Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment