Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Packing up

I don't know about you, but when I travel I always have lots of plastic bags in my suitcase.  For my shoes, my dirty clothes, to protect delicate items, to store newly purchased souvenirs - half of the items in my suitcase end up in plastic bags.  But there comes a time in every woman's life when even her shoe bags need to grow up a bit!  What a great excuse for a bit of scrap busting sewing.


I made three different sizes (each based on the amount of leftover fabric I had!).  They are a simple sack with a length of grosgrain ribbon for a drawstring.  Easy peasy to make and they will help the inside of my suitcase look so much prettier!  If you have any travel or packing tips (sewing or non-sewing!) please share them.

4 comments:

  1. What a useful idea - both for scraps and for your packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. I'll definintely be doing that when the need arises. I used to travel a lot for work nationally and the trick is to fill shoes up with stuff as they're just empty space otherwise. I used to roll up belts and pack 'em in there, smalls, socks/tights etc. Sounds sill but that's it for me really!!

    PS I hope the shoulder is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I'm a 'shoe stuffer' on the way home from holidays - you definitely need every last bit of space then!

      My shoulder is doing ok - I'm doing my best to avoid a second operation (operations require too much recovery time away from sewing!).

      Delete
  3. I always travel with a bunch of plastic bags! This is a great idea and I can't believe I never thought of it (duh!).

    ReplyDelete